Feb 5, 2010

Posted by Laurie on/at Friday, February 05, 2010

In my pregnancy, I still have another 29 weeks to go. ::sigh:: But even though I have a lot of time to wait, I couldn't help myself from scoping out all the fun baby stuff!! Especially now that I have a nursery that is completely empty and just begging to be decorated! So I thought I'd share some of the awesome ideas I found and get opinions.
Here's this week's 5 things that rock...Nursery edition!

1. Typography
All you other graphic designers can appreciate this! I thought the design of these rooms were so cute and creative. We've all seen the alphabet or the baby name on the wall, but this takes it to a whole new level. I love it! I especially love the time & date of the baby's birth on a canvas. How cute is that?




2. Rockin' Rocking Chairs
Okay so I've been warned that I'm about to start getting up every hour of the night to feed and change a crying baby. So one of the first things I want to invest in is a rocking chair that is comfortable! Possibly one that feels like a bed so I won't get too grumpy when I have to get up!!




3. Tree Art
Babies aren't the only things growing in these rooms. I was scoping out Pottery Barn Baby and couldn't help but notice how many nurseries included a tree or branches. I'm not sure if I'm artistic enough to try doing this in my baby's room (I did find a couple bad examples) but I have to say it is very cute when the pros pull it off!



4. Mod Squares
I give my sister a hard time because she has an obsession with circles, but Stephen and I may be just as bad when it comes to squares! I was noticing the other day how many things in our house are designed with squares (a lot). So when I saw these rooms with square themes I knew they would fit right in my house if I were to put in that much effort:)


5. Framed
This look is so simple but I love it! There's just something I love about framed artwork or photos (the square shape? haha). It really just gives the room a finishing touch and makes the place your own. I'm not sure which I like better, the collage frames on a shelf or evenly spaced framed art. Maybe I could do both? Cuteness:)




What are your thoughts? Any favorite designs to put in a nursery? I would love many more opinions!

1 comments:

Amy said...

I loved the Jaxon wall and the birthday numbers AND the 123 framed numbers. All the squares are great and love the tree/branches idea.
Yes, do a touch of it all...haha. You of all people could pull it off.
Colors-I love brown plus the color green of your Beauty Divine sign above and white. I also love brown and blue. Brown and pink would be cute for a girl..

Post a Comment