Feb 14, 2010

Posted by Laurie on/at Sunday, February 14, 2010



Happy Valentines Day!! I hope you are feeling very loved today! Even if you don't get into the whole chocolate and romance stuff, you should at least find someone you adore and give them a big bear hug:) Have a great day and enjoy these five things that totally ROCK.

1.Love Birds Cards I had to pick at least one thing valentines day related. And I absolutely LOVE these cute handmade Bird in Love Cards. Especially because I'm a little over the whole pink and red hearts. It's a cute and a creative way to say I love you. And it's something you could use any time of year. Check them out here on etsy.



2. Meteor Shower by Owl City This band is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I love music that just leaves you feeling happy and Owl City really does that with their creative lyrics and electronic sound. I'm not sure if they are technically a Christian band but this song is a great reminder that we belong to a great God and he has made us new. Here are the lyrics:
I can finally see that you're right there beside me / I am not my own, for I have been made new / Please don't let me go, I desperately need you / I am not my own, for I have been made new / Please don't let me go, I desperately need you.




3. The Hunter Games books Someone at borders referred these books to me and at first glance I didn't think they were might type. But I really loved them. I like stories that put you inside a whole other world and these books do that. The two main characters Katniss & Peeta live in a futuristic "America" where the government has gone a little control crazy. What really made me love it is the way that Peeta adores Katniss. He would just do anything for her. These books rocked. I can't wait for the third one to come out.



4. Fashion Week Makeup I couldn't help checking out all the new trends at Fashion Week. The one thing I really loved was the makeup on models for Michael Kors. The artist used Shiseido's Spring 2010 line to make these shimmery gem-toned eyes. I love how he blends lots of colors together to get this reflective jewel look. It's bright and fun for spring. See more of fashion week here at Instyle.com.



5. Haiti Love T-shirts Another thing I spotted at fashion week was Victoria Beckham's T-shirt supporting Haiti. These are $25 each and the net proceeds go to benefit the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund. It's a small way to help and you get a cute reminder for others to help too. Buy one here.


Don't these things rock? I love finding little things that inspire me...and sharing them of course! Do you have anything you've found lately that really rocks? Share it below!

1 comments:

Amy said...

Wow. That song! Luv.
I wrote a post about your post and linked back, thanks for sharing!
I would love to see more posts about music you love, like playlist ideas or just listed songs of a playlist you have.

Post a Comment